How to Participate in the Triangle MLS
Thank you for your interest in gaining access to Triangle Multiple Listing Services, Inc.
Participation in the Triangle MLS is by Firm only. For your FIRM to participate, you must have the following:
- REALTOR® Association Membership
The Principal of the firm, partnership, corporation, or branch office* must be in good standing as a member of any Board of REALTORS®, have a current valid North Carolina or Virginia real estate broker's license and be capable of offering and accepting cooperation and compensation to and from other Participants or are licensed or certified as designated by an appropriate state regulatory agency to engage in the appraisal of real property.
- Triangle MLS Orientation/MLS System Training
If you have not been a subscriber of the Triangle MLS within the last 18 months, you will have to complete the Online TMLS Orientation class within thirty (30) days. Once your forms have been processed, you will receive an email from MindFlash to take the TMLS training online. TMLS must first be able to verify your license and have already received all completed forms and payment. Initial training classes are required to be completed online, however, further training is available in the classroom located at 111 Realtors Way, Cary, NC.
To get started, you will need the following:
- Triangle MLS Participant Application. Complete the Application and submit it to the TMLS office along with the initiation fee and quarterly user fee (see Schedule of Fees). Fees may only be paid by credit card or check. (Make the check payable to Triangle MLS, Inc.)
- Triangle MLS Participant Agreement. The TMLS Participant Agreement must be completed and turned in with the Application and all applicable fees. For more information on the Agreement review: TMLS Participant Agreement Explained and Frequently Asked Questions.
- SentriLock User Agreement. This form is required to have access to SentriLock lockboxes and the SentriKey Real Estate App. Existing TMLS users who already have a SentriKey access will not need to submit this form unless you are obtaining an additional account.
- Schedule of Fees and Payment Form. Complete this form to pay your initiation fee ($1,500 for a new or rejoining office, $200 for a branch office of an existing Triangle MLS firm*) and quarterly user fees.
- Letter of Good Standing from the REALTOR® Association where applicant holds Primary Membership.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to call the Membership Department at (919) 654-5419. Please email all forms to [email protected] or fax them to (919) 654-5402.
*To qualify as a branch office, the office must have common ownership and firm name with a firm currently participating in Triangle MLS, Inc.